Dental appliances can help in a variety of circumstances. Of course, retainers are the most common form. During treatment at G Orthodontics, Dr. Garcia will determine whether you need a dental appliance as a part of your treatment plan.
Protecting Your Teeth Retainer
You will need to wear a teeth retainer after braces are removed. Wear your retainer full-time, until the doctor instructs otherwise.
- Take your retainer out when eating … and always put retainers in their case! (Most appliances are lost in school lunchrooms or restaurants)
- Clean retainers thoroughly once a day with a toothbrush and toothpaste. Use warm but not hot water. Brushing retainers removes the plaque and eliminates odors. Efferdent® or other orthodontic appliance cleaners can be used but do not take the place of brushing
- When your retainer is not in your mouth it should ALWAYS be in a retainer case. Pets love to chew on them!
- Initially, you may find it difficult to speak. Practice speaking, reading or singing to get used to them faster
- Retainers are breakable, so treat them with care. If a retainer is lost or broken, call us immediately
- Remove your retainer when swimming
- Keep retainers away from hot water, hot car dashboards, pockets, the washing machine, and napkins
If you have any questions or concerns about your retainers, or your retainers need adjusting, call us. Do not try to adjust them yourself. Always bring your retainers to your appointments. Retainer replacement is expensive, but with proper care they will last for years!
Other Dental Appliances
G Orthodontics can also provide other dental appliances in Houston, Texas. Specific dental appliances can help with the following conditions:
Orthodontic Care You Can Trust
When you want quality orthodontic treatment in Missouri City, Memorial, Pearland, Houston, Shadow Creek and bordering locations, call G Orthodontics at (713) 436 1241. You can also use our convenient make an appointment form.